Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Thrill of the Hunt

Sometimes I think that taking the kids to an organized community Easter egg hunt would be superfuntimes, but then I hear about how nasty parents can be at those things.  We always end up hunting in our backyard.  Everything went well until we told the kids that we would be dividing the eggs up evenly after the hunt.  Someone declared that unfair.





I heart this picture of surprised Chloe telling me (with a mouthful of jelly beans) that she got more candy while Miles does his Michael Jackson impersonation.

We had a really lovely Easter Sunday.  When I suggested that maybe the children get together so I could take a picture of them looking like upstanding citizens, they ran for the hills.  This will have to suffice:

Dignity.  Always dignity.

4 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

It took me a minute to get the Michael Jackson pose. Nice!

KQ said...

I saw on another friend's blog that she puts out 3 different colors of eggs, and each child is assigned a color that only they can pick up. Kind of keeps the fighting to a minimum...

It took me a minute to get the Michael Jackson pose too. Ha!

Christy said...

What does it say about me (and my dramatic family) that I get so many of your musical references? I'm not sure, but I do love my Melissa (along with Singing in the Rain, Bye Bye Birdie...). Love ya--come home soon,
Christy

The Reiersens said...

Miles' M. J. impression is impressive! Oh what joy it would be to have boys!