Monday, January 21, 2013

With Parents Awesome and Dear

Has it seriously been two weeks since I posted?  Unacceptable.  We've been really busy since school started back up.  The older my kids get, the more time I spend as chauffeur.  Sometimes I want to kick my young-mother-of-one-small-baby-self for thinking I was too busy to get anything done.  Here's what's new:


Miles was happy to have the kids go back to school.  We spend the day playing Mariokart and working on his vocabulary.  He has trouble with words that start with "T" or hard "K" sounds.  Listening to him talk about monster trucks is always good for a laugh.  Also he can't say "bridge."  "Monster truck on the bridge" is particularly upsetting to hear.

He became a Sunbeam at church and it's his favorite thing.  Here he is on the naughty chair after church.
Awww.  Look at that child of God on the naughty chair.  So sweet!

Chloe is still cute and fun to be with.

Harrison's basketball team is doing surprisingly well.  He is currently working his way through his Lord of the Rings piano book.  Yesterday he gave a talk in primary.  It was about how we're children of God and he has a plan for us.  Part of that plan is to come to earth and receive a physical body.  He wrote in his talk "You need earthly parents to give you a physical body, but don't ask how this happens, because it's disgusting."  (Jeff encouraged him to delete that line.  Also, it's probably time for The Talk.)  Then at the end he said, "I want to go back to Him because I hear it's nice there.  I am a child of God with awesome parents."  Thanks, man.

6 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

I was laughing at the cute picture of the child of God on the naughty chair but Harrison's comment about how getting a physical body is disgusting is off the charts. Hoo boy. Wiping away the tears. What a funny kid.

Nicole said...

Miles looks so much like you. I remember when a nephew couldn't say "p" or "t" sounds. And he got a dump truck for Christmas. Talk about upsetting! Hahahahahaha!

Unknown said...

I'm with Patti! HIlarious! Miles and Harrison just made my day.

Jess said...

Love the child of God on the naughty chair. So funny. I also would like to kick my one-child self for being so overwhelmed. Sheesh.

KQ said...

Oh man! I can't stop laughing! So, so, so funny!

Katy said...

Harrison looks like Jimmy Fallon in that picture. So appropriate, n'est-ce pas?
Hilarious children!