Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Married At Last!

 
My youngest brother, Aaron, married Lori in Salt Lake City on July 26th.  It was a beautiful day and my one regret is that I didn't wear comfortable shoes.  The day started with a lunch at The Lion House where we ate chicken and listened to the bride and groom gush about each other.  Isn't her bouquet lovely?
 
Lori and Aaron were one of 47 weddings in the Salt Lake Temple that day.  Ye-ikes. 
 
Aunts get hugs.  Uncles get high-fives.  Jeff was the first one to get married in his family, so I don't know what it's like to inherit a gaggle of nieces and nephews.  Aaron's been an uncle since he was five, so he knows what's up.
 
Aaron playing it cool with Mom.
 
Lori playing it cool with her dad. 
 
See, they wore comfortable shoes.  (You can't see them, but she's also wearing boat shoes.)  Smarts.
 
Their reception was so fun and the food was delicious!  Months ago Aaron told us that his would be the classiest reception we'd ever attended.  Bullseye.
 
Pulling.  It. Off.
 
Siblings!  Happy to be together for a happy occasion.  Before the photographer took this picture, she said, "And now just the in-laws--I mean just siblings."  Jeff jokingly said "Yeah, we never get a picture with just the in-laws."  So my Aunt Julie took one.
 
In-laws!  Katy's husband Matt is missing.  I think we've done pretty well for ourselves.
 
I'm really looking forward to getting to know this lovely lady.  I know we both like Aaron and reruns of The O.C., so that's a start.
 
Jeff looked hot.  Just wanted to throw that out there.
 
Aaron danced with my mom until my dad cut in.  I know the focus isn't great here.  I'm gonna call that "small stuff" and not sweat it.  This was such a happy day for them. 
 
When I was growing up, I heard my dad say over and over again that his dream was to someday be at Aaron's wedding in the temple and to look around the sealing room and see all of his children and their spouses.  I based a lot of my life decisions on the fact that I didn't want to be the one who wasn't there.  I made sure I stayed worthy to enter the temple and I made sure I married a man who could take me there.  It's been my dream to be there with Jeff at Aaron's wedding and it was just as wonderful as I imagined.
 
 
I'm so grateful my parents taught me the blessings that come from keeping temple covenants and cherishing the knowledge of eternal families.
 

2 Wisecracks:

Claire said...

It's hilarious how you, Jenny, and I all apparently wore uncomfortable shoes! And I have to also say how I love that for the last two weddings in the family there were pictures of the bouquet taken? Her flowers were gorgeous and it'll be great to have a photo of it later.

Patti said...

Finally catching up! What a wonderful couple of days!