Friday, May 23, 2014

#3 is Five!

Miles turned five on Tuesday!  Five is a HUGE birthday for him.  He's been told for years that we would move and he would start kindergarten when he was five.  It took me the entire day to explain that those things weren't happening on his birthday.  
I told him he could have whatever he wanted for breakfast.  Froot Loops, it is.

Once he woke up, he demanded presents.  I hadn't bought him any, yet.  Good thing his grandparents always come through.  I can't wait for him to wear that striped shirt and carry around his blankie and look like Linus from Peanuts.

Miles was very specific about what he wanted for his birthday.  He said he wanted an indoor play tent that fits four people.  I wasn't sure that even existed, but passed along the information to Jeff's parents and they found Miles' dream tent!  He's slept in it every night since.

For weeks leading up to his birthday, whenever I asked him what he wanted, he'd tell me what his best bud Mrs. Hahler (the old lady next door) was giving him.  "From Mrs. Hahler I want candy and pajamas and a flashlight just like Johnny Boy's."  Johnny Boy is Mrs. Hahler's grandson and I'm 78% sure that his grandmother and Miles are the only people on earth who call him "Johnny Boy."

Mrs. Hahler has been so kind to Miles over the years.  We aren't lucky enough to live near grandparents, so I'm glad the kids have had her to fill them with candy and Sunny D.

I wasn't up to planning a party, so I took Miles and his other besties, Nolan and Davy, to Monkey Joe's.  Best idea I've ever had.

Miles goes to preschool at Davy's house and they've become good friends this year.

Nolan lives a couple of houses down the street and he and Miles spend every afternoon together.  They're finally to the point where they understand each other's speech impediments.  That's true friendship.

These boys ran around screaming and jumping and sliding for two hours and I didn't have to do anything.  Monkey Joe's is my new fave.



The other very specific gift he wanted was a sword that lights up.  So glad that's a thing that exists and can be found at Target.

This is what he requested for dinner.  Every time someone asked, "Are we really having that for dinner?" Miles would say, "You gotta try it!  It's supergood!"  I think three cheese macaroni (or "three times macaroni" as he calls it) is probably the best of the boxed macaronis.  He has such a refined palette.

He also requested "a chocolate cake with marshmallows ALL OVER IT."  He ended up eating all the marshmallows off his piece and that's all.  Jeff says we should have just stuck a candle in a bag of marshmallows.

I'm so excited for the fun times in store for Miles this year!  He's such a fun kid and he brings so much joy to our home.  Our baby is five!

5 Wisecracks:

allyn said...

Does miles know what an awesome mom he has? It is not easy making so many dreams Come true.
Happy happy birthday!!

p.s.candle in marshmallow bag. Hilarious.

Amy Maxwell said...

Miles is so, so, so funny! We're really looking forward to seeing you guys in a MONTH! Woo hoo!

wendy holt said...

Yes, Miles does have great taste. That is the best kind of mac and cheese. except the easy mac that the kids can make themselves while I can stay on the couch) happy Birthday Miles!!

kenzie said...

Yes, party places are the best and cost just as much as anything you'd do at your house. Also, I love that he calls that boy "Johnny Boy". Gabriel has a friend whose mother calls him "Micah Jr.", so that's what Gabriel calls him.

Patti said...

So many fun expressions! My favorite face was when he saw the bag of candy in Mrs. Hahler's hand. What an awesome day!