Friday, May 23, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Wednesday night Harrison got to sing the national anthem with his choir at a Cardinals game.  We've been looking forward to our last trip to Busch Stadium for months now.  Especially since they were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Stadium selfie!



Harrison was one of four kids chosen to watch batting practice before the game.  Unfortunately, it rained that evening and the players warmed up indoors. 

The kids were pretty bummed, but at least they got to be on the field and the rest of us got to watch from behind home plate as men covered and uncovered the field with tarps.

Nothing impresses my kids.

Here are the Spotlight Singers before they sang "The Star Spangled Banner".  Harrison is right next to Fredbird.  Luckeeee!

I can only recognize a few of them without their hats.  Motte's freaky beard and wacky socks don't seem so silly now, do they?

Jeff got there just in time to hear the choir sing.  And he looked hot.  The good kind of hot.

We're so proud of Harrison!  I looked the bad kind of hot.  I'm not sure my St. Louis friends would recognize me without my frizzy hair and glasses.  Someday I'll breathe again in a land without humidity where my eyes don't itch from allergies six months out of the year.  (That's the dream.)

Miles couldn't believe it when the Diamondbacks scored two runs and took the lead.

He gave up on the game and charmed our neighbor Molly into sharing her french fries with him.

Yep.  I'd give him all my french fries.

We stayed for 11 innings, so the Cards one in the 12th.  (Thus continuing their tradition of winning the inning after we leave.  EVERY TIME!)  We all got to bed really late, but whaddayagonnado?  It was our last trip to Busch Stadium!  After seeing the Diamondbacks in action I can safely say we will continue to root root root for the CARDINALS!

4 Wisecracks:

Jess said...

I have never been to a baseball game, but you make these sound fun! And it's especially neat that your kids have gotten to participate with the music for them.

wendy holt said...

What a cool thing to be able to do!! Arizona will have some big shoes to fill.

Tammy and Alvin said...

It makes me so happy that you are going to continue to be Cardinals fans. Whenever the Cards come to town it will be like the whole town of St. Louis coming to visit you. Kind of.

Go Cardinals!

Patti said...

Whew! I was sweating it out for the Cards. So glad the tradition continued to the end of them winning the inning after you leave!