Sunday, June 22, 2014

Street Art

Being in a new place without our belongings or our Jeff has been difficult these past few weeks, but also a good distraction from normal life.  We finally got our stuff last week and now we are putting our home back together.  We leave for NC this week and then we'll come back to a house filled with unopened boxes.  At this rate, it may well be mid-August before I realize I'm all alone in the middle of a city full of strangers.  Good planning, eh?
While we waited for the moving truck, I thought it might be fun if we went on a little mural hunt in downtown Phoenix.  I forgot to bring snacks.  That was my first mistake.

My second mistake was thinking my kids would be interested in street art.

Whatever, dude.  This is cool.

My third mistake was leaving the house during daylight hours to do anything besides swim.

So they whined the whole time and I got lost going home.

At least they weren't sitting at home watching cartoons all afternoon.  Mom, FTW!

4 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

Sitting at my computer in my air-conditioned house, I am LOVING the street art! Pretty amazing actually!

Ted said...

I haven't seen faces like that since Williamsburg. Did you buy them a can of sprite to share? That would have been classic.

melissa said...

Ha! I totally should have, Ted! The really funny thing is that this is one building. We saw ONE BUILDING and they were done.

Matt said...

amazing pics you take. I work in the Las Vegas Arts District Downtown (albeit in a Las Vegas bail bonds office, and this out-do what I see here. hands down.