Saturday, July 12, 2014

Girl Cousins . . . and Bryce!

We drove from Norfolk, VA down to Wake Forest, NC to visit my sister, Katy, and her family (With a not-so-quick stop in Durham to get lost and sweaty and frustrated).  Katy has five daughters and one son, so Chloe was really looking forward to some girl time.  I was worried that Harrison and Miles would keep to themselves around their girl cousins, but Katy's daughters are just too fun. 
[Harrison and Eliza.]
They took us bowling and, as always, my kids were surprised to learn that they cannot bowl 160 every time (as their Wii records would have them believe).

[Helena and Miles]
Bowling was Miles' favorite part of our entire two week vacation.

I think this was after he knocked over ONE pin.  If he knocked over more than one, he would do a victory lap and some push ups.

Every day he asks if we can go bowling with his cousins.  I wish, man.  I wish.

She looks innocent, but Anya beat everyone in the second game.  It's always the quiet, adorable ones that you never suspect.

Chloe letting it roll.

Back at home it was time for a few rounds of Just Dance and Rock Band and then some dinner and dessert.

Bryce is going to be breaking some hearts once he hits nursery.

Chloe spent all her time in the makeover room with Anya and Helena.  (You know, Chloe's version of Heaven.)

[Katy and Melissa.  Chloe and Anya.  Harrison, Bryce, and Helena.]
The next morning Katy took half of her kids up to Norfolk to see Rob's family so we had to do our Cousins on the Porch picture in shifts.

[Chloe, Eliza, and Vivien.  Harrison, Miles, and Evie.]
How cute is Chloe looking at her super cool teenager cousins?  I get it.  They are so fun and beautiful.  I want to be them when I grow up, too.

5 Wisecracks:

Jay-See said...

Love the photos! Such awesome memories for your kids!

Nicole said...

The porch shot! It makes me tear up every time. Thanks for continuing the Grandpa Furniss tradition. I love that you went the extra mile to spend time with THE SISTERS. Always worth it. :)

Katy said...

Awesome bowling shots! We had such a fun time with you and your sweet kids. I wish it could have been longer!

Patti said...

And more cousins! And siblings! What a great couple of days!

allyn said...

Bowling! Why didn't I think of that? Looks like a blasts was had by all.