Saturday, August 2, 2014

Things will be great when you're DOWNTOWN.

For my birthday this past Thursday, Jeff and our parents pitched in and got me a new camera lens.  I have some great close up lenses, but I needed something for wide shots.  (Especially since Arizona Melissa is really into hiking in canyons.)  I didn't get a chance to take my new lens out for a spin that day, so this morning I took Chloe with me to explore downtown Phoenix.


St. Mary's Basilica





Phoenix Convention Center

Herberger Theater Center

The Chase Building (Tallest building in Phoenix.)


U.S. Airways Center (Home of the Phoenix Suns)



Chase Field (Home of the Diamondbacks.)


Arizona State University Downtown Campus

Things will be great when you're . . . downtown.
Don't wait a minute more . . . downtown.
Everything's waiting for you . . . downtown.

2 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

Yay for new camera lenses! Downtown Phoenix is beautiful, and there is a ginormous basketball. Awesome. The most striking thing was how few people there were, especially after being in NYC. You and Chloe had the place to yourselves, your own private photo shoot. Very cool!

melissa said...

It was pretty spooky how deserted everything was, but it was a Saturday morning. I think that was the main factor.