Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Grandparents on a Stick

Our kids live 850 miles from their nearest grandparents, so when the school sends home information about Grandparents' Day, I usually toss it.  This year, Miles asked me if I could come to Grandparents' Day and I just can't resist that face.  "They said it doesn't have to be a grandparent.  It can be a special guest." he told me.  Because I thought it would be hilarious, I brought along pictures of his grandparents on craft sticks.  Oh how I make me laugh!

Miles thought it was awesome.  He showed his grandparents his desk and introduced them to his friends.

Then he read them a story.  They seemed to like it.

Then he got silly and tried to make them laugh.  They didn't laugh, but they did look amused.

After that we all went to the cafeteria and ate lunch together.

Later Miles showed Grandma Peggy around the book fair.  She always gets him books for holidays, so he thought she'd really like it.  That book fair was INSANE.  Those grandparents were forking over all kinds of dough for their grandchildren's books.  Well played.

Once we escaped the book fair, Miles showed his grandparents all the tricks he can do on the monkey bars.  Then he and Grandpa Maxwell went on the swings.  After that it was time to say goodbye.

An hour later, it was Chloe's turn to spend time with her grandparents.  I've never seen her laugh so hard, but she was not interested in taking this picture.  Mostly because she was hungry and also because it's ridiculous.

We had fun eating with Chloe and her friends.

After lunch Chloe took us to her classroom and showed us her favorite spot. . . 

. . . THE LIBRARY!  Her grandparents all seemed to like it a lot, too.

Happy Grandparents' Day!

4 Wisecracks:

Patti said...

I LOVE being on a popsicle stick! Best idea for Grandparents' Day. Ever! Hope we can go next year.

Nicole said...

Oh, man! You are SO WEIRD! Good thing Miles can match (surpass?) your weirdness. Grandparents on a stick. You need to copyright that.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Actually quite brilliant. btw, your hair looks fabulous!

Amy Maxwell said...

I know I'm late to post, but this made me laugh out loud. I'm still laughing! I love it :)