Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me?

Since celebrating July birthdays in the month of July is so last year (see Harrison's birthday party), my sisters threw me a 30th birthday party on Saturday. It's become tradition in our family for the sibling just younger than the family member turning 30 to be in charge of the birthday festivities. Sweet Makenzie made all my dreams come true by having everyone go in on a new camera for me!

I could not possibly be more excited about all the things I have to learn about this camera! Thank you, ladies!
Makenzie and I met Nicole and Claire at the Brick Oven (since I've been craving their pizza since Rob and Claire got married last June). We asked for olives on our pizza and they gave us almonds. Why did that make more sense?
I'll have to show myself these pictures when my actual birthday rolls around and all I get is a high-five.

8 Wisecracks:

Jess said...

Um, Happy Birthday? I can't believe they would think you said almonds instead of olives. Somebody ought to make a pizza wrecks blog. :)

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I am just impressed they HAD almonds to put on the pizza. How many pizza places would actually have them on hand?!!
Happy birthday!! The big 30 eh? I will be joining you in that age bracket soon. eek!

Nicole said...

Apparently that is a thing at Brick Oven - their Hawaiian pizza comes with almonds. Brian was shocked that I didn't know it. Whatev.

That WAS fun to go out! You are going to have the BEST pictures now that your camera matches your skillz. Look forward to that high five from me in July!

KQ said...

I heard that people born in July are the awesomest. I'm just sayin'.

Jen said...

Wish I could have been there! Almonds? That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Greg said...

almonds?? huh...that's different!

congrats on the new cam!

allyn said...

how tasty that must have been. i hope you LOVE your new camera. take lots of pictures of paul newman since i won't be seeing him until he's probably 3 years old. booooooooooo

Unknown said...

YEAH! Happy early birthday!

I need to jump on the camera bandwagon I think. Looks great!