Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No More Pencils! No More Books!

No more hot first grade teacher's ridiculously attractive looks!  Harrison is now officially on summer vacation and you know what that means?  Sprinklers and popsicles, of course!

I may or may not have given my baby a banana flavored popsicle.  What?!  He had shots yesterday.  Surely that earns him some frozen sugar water.


Speaking of sprinklers, we met some friends at City Garden on Saturday.  Reviews were mixed.


Miles and Allison shared a magical moment.
So maybe it was only magical for one of them.  Awkward. 

Harrison and Chloe have been using the word "awkward" incorrectly and frequently.  ("I feel so awkward right now!"  "Me, too!  I'm really awkward!")  Does anyone have a definition of awkward that might be clear to a child?  No matter how many times we try to explain it, they don't seem to get it.  It's getting very awkward.


13 Wisecracks:

KQ said...

Banana popsicles for babies once in a while = good idea. (I'm trying to get on Miles' good side.)

The misuse of "awkward" = HILARIOUS!

Nicole said...

Hahahaha! Bridget always tells me I'm making her nervous.

Bring on the popsicles! Chloe's got one more year of year-round vacation, right? Let the good times roll.

wendy holt said...

Show them the pictures from the contest.

Oh...and Alison was totally planning her and Miles' life together.

wendy holt said...

You can almost hear "endless love" playing in the background.

melissa said...

Ha! Excellent idea, Wendy. Those pictures from the contest are the very definition of awkward.

Annie Jarman said...

I'm refusing to believe that it is warm enough anywhere in this world to enjoy popsicles and sprinklers. I don't think we'll ever get out of this cold rainy/snowy "spring" we're having.

I'm a little bit bitter about it.

Love that picture of Chloe. Perfection.

Mom said...

I'm with Annie- I started shivering just looking at the pictures, then I realized that the temperatures are in the 90's where you are.
Miles had his birthday - he's old enough to eat popsicles!

melissa said...

I almost dedicated this post to you suckas in the snow, but decided that was just mean. :)

Mom, I also almost titled this post "We're NOT gonna do this all summer!" but decided that was mean, too.

See how considerate I am?

allyn said...

summertime and the living is eaaaazzzy. sing that on the highest pitch you can hear and that would be a line from "porgy and bess". youth is full of awkward, intimate moments such as sitting in a puddle of city water with the one you love who doesn't know you love them back, but wants you to tell them desperately.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Love at city garden. Maybe Dave and I need to take a stroll out there! Thank you so much for sharing your blog address with me! I am loving every minute of it!

Heather McKeon said...

Ha! That last photo is the best. And so exactly portrays boys and girls that it's killing me. Ahh the awkwardness of crushes...

Greg said...

We have a gangly teenager who lives around the corner that we call "Awkward". No idea what his real name is. Poor kid.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

So funny!
Love the last picture. Looks like something I would have tried on a boy at that age........:)

I hear ya on the "awkward" issue. My kids keep saying "I am frustrating" when they really mean to say I am frustrated. But since I totally agree with the way they are saying it, I have not even attempted to correct them. :)